To assemble your new Polaris P5500 or P6500 generator, follow these steps and follow all precautions found in your Owner’s Manual.
1. Remove the straps and plastic wrap on the box.
2. Avoid using a knife to open the box, as this could damage the canvas cover inside.
3. Remove all loose parts from the box and compare the loose parts to the included inventory list. Contact your dealer if any parts are missing. There are three wheels on top of the generator. The fourth wheel is located in a bag in the box.
4. Then remove the generator with the aid of an assistant.
5. To assemble the wheels, first insert the axles through the front and rear bushings on the generator frame.
6. Slide the spacer onto the axle with the flanged edge facing the generator.
7. With the flanged edge inward, slide the wheel onto the axle.
8. Install the washer and secure by inserting an E-clip into the groove on the axle using a pliers.
9. Repeat this process for all wheels.
10. To assemble the wheel locks, attach the wheel lock to the appropriate rear bracket and align the mounting holes. The bracket lever should be pointing slightly rearward.
11. Insert one bolt through each hole. Torque to 8 ft-lbs (10.85 Nm) with an 8mm socket.
12. Repeat for the remaining wheel lock.
13. Lock both wheel locks and ensure the generator does not roll.
14. If equipped with the lift mount, unlock and raise the handle.
15. Then slide the lift mount handle under the frame and align with the bolt holes.
16. Insert the four mounting fasteners through each hole on the generator frame and secure with nuts underneath.
17. Using a 13mm socket and a 10mm wrench, torque the fasteners to 16 ft-lbs (21.69 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. You can find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.