Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your generator. To inspect or replace the air filter on your Polaris P5500 or P6500 generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface and the wheels are locked.
2. Locate the air filter on the front of the generator beside the recoil assembly.
3. Clean the area around the airbox thoroughly.
4. Unlatch the top clips and remove the cover.
5. Inspect the cover seal, and replace if necessary.
6. Then remove the air filter and inspect for damage or excessive debris.
7. If the air filter is dirty or torn, replace it with a new one. Do not attempt to clean the element.
8. Clean the inside of the airbox and cover thoroughly.
9. If equipped with a foam filter:
- Submerge the filter in a solution of warm water and household detergent.
- Allow the filter soak in the solution for a few minutes and then squeeze out the excess water.
- Repeat several times to ensure the water coming from the filter is clean. Then allow the filter to dry completely.
- Once dry, apply air filter oil to the foam filter and distribute evenly. Remove any excess oil and replace if any damage occurs to the filter.
10. Reinstall the air filter.
11. Then reinstall the air filter cover, ensuring a proper seal.
12. Finish by re-latching the clips securely.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.