Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- 10mm and 14mm Sockets
- Phillips and Flathead Screwdrivers
The High Altitude Kit for Polaris P6500 and P5500 generators is part number 2884867. Using the wrong carburetor main jet may cause poor engine performance. If too lean of a main jet is used, severe engine damage may result.
To install the High Altitude Kit on your generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface and the wheels are locked.
2. Turn the fuel supply lever to the OFF position.
3. Using a 10mm socket or Phillips-head screwdriver, loosen the carburetor drain screw and drain the fuel from the carburetor into a suitable container.
4. Wipe up any residual fuel that may have spilled.
5. Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the two fasteners securing the electric solenoid valve and remove the valve.
6. Remove the float bowl chamber bolt with a 14mm socket.
7. Remove the main jet from the carburetor with a flat-head screwdriver.
8. Install the applicable main jet for the given altitude in which the generator is operating. Do not over-tighten the jet.
9. Align the float chamber O-ring and reinstall the float chamber bolt.
10. Reinstall the electric solenoid valve and tighten the two fasteners until fully seated.
11. Close the carburetor drain screw.
12. Turn on the fuel supply. Start the generator and allow the engine run for several minutes.
13. Turn off the generator and verify there are no fuel leaks.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.