Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your generator. To inspect or replace the air filter on your Polaris P3200iE generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface.
2. First loosen the maintenance cover fasteners with a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the cover.
3. Carefully move the fuel hoses out of the way.
4. Clean the area around the airbox thoroughly.
5. Then unscrew the two fasteners and remove the airbox cover.
6. Remove the air filter and inspect for damage or excessive debris.
7. If the filter is damaged, replace it with a new one.
8. To clean the foam filter:
- Submerge the filter in a solution of warm water and household detergent.
- Allow the filter soak in the solution for a few minutes and then squeeze out the excess water.
- Repeat several times to ensure the water coming from the filter is clean. Then allow the filter to dry completely.
- Once dry, apply air filter oil to the foam filter and distribute evenly. Remove any excess oil and replace if any damage occurs to the filter.
9. Clean the inside of the airbox and cover thoroughly.
10. Reinstall the air filter.
11. Then reinstall the airbox cover, ensuring a proper seal, and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
12. Reinstall the fuel hoses into their holders.
13. Reinstall the maintenance cover. Tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.