To change the oil and clean the spark arrestor on your Polaris P3200iE generator, follow these steps:
1. Place the generator on a flat, level surface.
2. Start the engine and allow it to run for a few minutes. Always operate the generator outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
3. Stop the engine and turn the fuel valve switch OFF.
4. Elevate the generator to gain access to the drain plug.
5. Using a Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two fasteners on the engine oil door. Remove the door.
6. Clean the area around the oil dipstick.
7. Remove the oil dipstick and set aside.
8. Place a drain pan under the generator. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
9. Using a 13mm socket, remove the drain plug from the bottom of the generator.
10. Allow the oil to drain completely. Avoid contact with hot oil to prevent the risk of burns.
11. Inspect the drain plug and sealing washer. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
12. Reinstall the washer and drain plug. Wipe away residual oil.
13. Insert the included funnel into the fill valve.
14. Add the recommended oil to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick. The capacity is 19.6 ounces (29.5 ml).
15. Reinstall the dipstick completely.
16. Dispose of the used oil properly at your local recycling facility.
17. Lower the generator.
18. Start the engine and allow it to run for 1 to 2 minutes.
19. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
20. Re-check the oil level on the dipstick, and add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
21. Reinstall the dipstick again and clean any residual oil off the generator.
22. Reinstall the engine oil door. Tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
23. In addition to changing the oil, clean the spark arrestor at every oil change. Reference your Owner's Manual for the full procedure. Allow the generator and exhaust to cool before performing spark arrestor maintenance.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.