Required Tools and Supplies
- 10mm Socket
- Generator Oil 5W-30
- Torque Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Shop Rags
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris generator. To change the oil and clean the spark arrestor on your P2500iEBT generator, follow these steps.
1. Place the generator on a flat and level surface.
2. Start the engine, and allow it to run for a few minutes. Note: Always operate the generator outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
3. Stop the engine, and turn the fuel valve switch OFF.
4. Remove the maintenance cover.
5. Elevate the generator to gain access to the drain plug.
6. Clean the area around the oil dipstick.
7. Remove the oil dipstick and set aside.
8. Place a drain pan under the generator. Note: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of oil.
9. Remove the rubber grommet from the bottom of the tray.
10. Clean the area around the drain plug.
11. Unscrew the drain plug with a 10mm socket to allow the oil to drain completely. Note: Avoid contact with hot oil to prevent the risk of burns.
12. Inspect the drain plug. The sealing surfaces on the drain plug should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.
13. Reinstall the washer and drain plug. Torque to 18.4 ft-lbs (25 Nm). Wipe away residual oil.
14. Reinstall the rubber grommet on the bottom of the generator.
15. Remove the drain pan and dispose of the used oil properly at your local recycling facility.
16. Insert the included funnel into the fill valve.
17. Add the recommended oil to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick. The capacity is 12.8 oz (380 mL).
18. Reinstall the dipstick completely.
19. Start the engine and allow it to run for 1 to 2 minutes in a well-ventilated area.
20. Stop the engine and inspect for leaks.
21. Add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
22. Reinstall the dipstick and wipe up any residual oil.
23. Reinstall the maintenance cover, and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
24. In addition to changing the oil, clean the spark arrestor at every oil change. Reference your Owner’s Manual for the full procedure. Note: Always allow the generator to cool completely before performing spark arrestor maintenance.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.