Required Tools and Supplies
- Spark Plug Wrench
- Wire Brush
- Wire-Type Feeler Gauge
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris generator. To remove and replace the spark plug on your P2500iEBT generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat and level surface in a well-ventilated area. If the engine has been running, allow it to cool completely to prevent the risk of burns.
2. Locate the spark plug access door on the top of the generator, and remove the two screws from the door. Note: Remove the maintenance cover for additional access.
3. Carefully remove the spark plug cap.
4. Clean the area around the base of the spark plug.
5. Using the spark plug wrench supplied in the tool kit, remove the spark plug.
6. Inspect the electrode for wear and carbon buildup. The electrode should have a sharp outer edge with no rounding or erosion. Replace if the electrodes are worn or if the insulator is cracked, chipped or fouled. A new spark plug is part number 3410546.
7. Carefully clean the spark plug with a wire brush if reinstalling.
8. Using a wire-type feeler gauge, measure the spark plug electrode gap. If necessary, adjust the gap to specification. The gap should measure 0.024 – 0.028 inches (0.6 – 0.7 mm).
9. Ensure the spark plug sealing washer is in good condition.
10. Reinstall the spark plug by hand until fully seated. Tighten 1/2 turn for a new spark plug. 1/8 – 1/4 when reusing the same spark plug.
11. Reinstall the spark plug cap, and ensure it is fully seated.
12. Reinstall the spark plug access door, and tighten the two screws until fully seated.
13. Start the engine using the recommended procedures in your Owner’s Manual to ensure proper operation of the engine.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.