Learn how to perform common maintenance procedures on your Polaris GENERAL in this video. Topics include checking your belt (0:29), transmission fluid (1:44), air filter (2:13), front gearcase fluid (2:45) and coolant level (3:13).
- The belt cover is fastened with eight 8mm screws. They should be torqued to 4.5 ft-lbs (6 Nm).
- Inspect the cover seal and replace if necessary. The cover seal is part number 5526449.
- The drive belt is part number 3211196.
- The transmission drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen wrench. They should be torqued to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
- AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
- The front gearcase drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen wrench. They should be torqued to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
- Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
More procedures and tips can be found in the Maintenance section of your Owner’s Manual. Fluid capacities can be found in the Specifications section of the Owner’s Manual.
To find a Polaris Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.