Before updating your display, we recommend syncing your rides and places. To do this, either log in to your RIDE COMMAND account on your RIDE COMMAND display or pair your display with the RIDE COMMAND app. If you are unable to sync with RIDE COMMAND, we recommend saving your rides and places to a USB drive. For more information, read Syncing RIDE COMMAND Data.
To update the software and maps on the 7-inch RIDE COMMAND display on your Polaris Off-Road Vehicle, do the following:
1. Visit the RIDE COMMAND website. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click UPDATE VEHICLE SOFTWARE. Or, you can click GET UPDATES from the homepage.
2. Select the Off-Road display that corresponds to the one on your vehicle — either seven-button or five-button.
3. Select your region. The first screen will prompt you to choose between the Western and Eastern Hemispheres. The second will ask you to select your country or region.
1. Click the button to download the most recent software.
2. The downloaded file does not need to be opened on your computer. It only needs to be copied to a USB drive.
3. Save the file to a removable USB drive. For five-button displays, the USB must be 8GB or larger and FAT32 formatted. For seven-button displays, the USB must be 32GB or larger, with exFAT® format.
4. Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port and turn on the RIDE COMMAND display. To identify your vehicle's USB port location, refer to your Owner's Manual.
5. Once the USB drive is plugged into the USB port on your vehicle, turn on the RIDE COMMAND display. Press the Polaris logo at the top of the screen (On five-button displays, press the Apps button). Tap SETTINGS. Tap GENERAL from the tabs on the left. Scroll down to UPDATE SOFTWARE.
6. Select the file you want to install. "Newest" will be automatically displayed next to the newest version detected on the USB drive.
7. The display will reboot and install the software.
The maps update will be found on the right-hand side of the screen on the RIDE COMMAND Map and Software updates page. Note: RIDE COMMAND does not support third-party maps.
1. Download your selected map region. You do not need to include the base map if you already are seeing roads and base map details on your display. Note: Including the base map will take significantly longer.
2. Once downloads are complete, drag and drop the file(s) onto your USB drive. The file or file do not need to be opened on your computer. It only needs to be copied to a USB drive. Note that both the software and maps files can be on your USB drive at the same time. The display will select the proper file.
3. Save the file to a removable USB drive. FAT32 and exFAT® formats are supported.
4. Plug the USB drive into your vehicle's USB port.
5. Turn on the display. Press the Polaris logo at the top of the screen (On five-button displays, press the Apps button). Tap SETTINGS > GENERAL from the tabs on the left. Scroll down to UPDATE MAPS/TRAILS.
6. Select the file you want to install.
7. The display will reboot and install the updated maps. This process may take a while depending on the speed of your USB drive.
See the videos below for more details on uploading the new software and maps to your RIDE COMMAND display. For more RIDE COMMAND videos, visit the Tutorials section of the RIDE COMMAND website.
Software updates for seven-button display
Software updates for five-button display
Map updates for the five-button display
Error Messages and Troubleshooting
If an error occurs while updating your software, perform one or all of the following actions to resolve the issue.
- Remove and reconnect the USB flash drive securely.
- Make sure the display files are not inside a folder on the flash drive.
- Make sure only display files are on the flash drive. Remove any other files if necessary.
- Try using a different USB flash drive.
If none of these troubleshooting options works, use the Contact Us option at the bottom of the page for assistance. Be prepared to provide your contact information, vehicle information, the update you are trying to install and any relevant photos, videos or files.
For more information on the seven-button RIDE COMMAND display, consult the 7-Inch Display User Guide and Quick Start Guide.
To log in to your account, update software and learn more, visit the RIDE COMMAND website.
Watch other Off-Road Vehicle RIDE COMMAND tutorials.
exFAT® is a registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.