Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- 8mm Socket
- Dielectric Grease or Petroleum Jelly
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your generator. To remove and install the battery on your Polaris P3200iE generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the power switch is set to STOP.
3. Below the control panel, loosen the two battery cover fasteners with a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the cover.
4. Then remove the two fasteners securing the battery bracket with an 8mm socket and remove the bracket.
5. Lift the battery out of the generator.
6. Remove the negative protector boot and disconnect the negative cable first with an 8mm socket to prevent arcing.
7. Then remove the positive protector boot and disconnect the red positive cable with an 8mm socket.
8. If reinstalling the battery, ensure it is fully charged and free of any debris to prevent damage. Follow the instructions in the Battery Charging section of your Owner’s Manual before installing the battery.
9. Clean the inside of the battery holder. Ensure the pads are properly located and free of damage.
10. Using an 8mm wrench, 8mm socket or Phillips screwdriver, connect and tighten the positive cable first to prevent arcing. Reinstall the positive protector boot.
11. Then, using an 8mm wrench, 8mm socket or Philips screwdriver, connect and tighten the negative cable.
12. Coat the terminals with dielectric grease or petroleum jelly.
13. Place the battery in the battery holder.
14. Secure the battery bracket and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
15. Verify the cables are secure and properly routed.
16. Start the generator to verify the battery is connected properly.
17. Reinstall the battery cover with the vents facing downward. Tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement parts, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.