Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- Spark Plug Wrench
- 8mm and 13mm Sockets
- Drain Pan
- Phillips Screwdriver
To properly store your Polaris P3200iE generator, follow these steps:
1. Start by selecting a flat storage area free from any excessive humidity, dust or extreme weather. Avoid any areas near a flame-operated appliance or where power tools are operated.
2. If the generator will be stored with fuel, always add a suitable fuel stabilizer. Follow all product labels when adding stabilizer.
3. Fog the engine per the Owner’s Manual guidelines. Follow all product labels when fogging the engine.
4. Change the engine oil per the Owner’s Manual guidelines. Inspect for leaks and dispose of the used oil properly.
5. Turn the fuel valve switch OFF.
6. Remove the battery and store it in a cool, dry location. Recharge the battery once a month or use a battery trickle charger to maintain battery charge.
7. Clean the exterior of the generator with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid using water to clean the generator.
8. With the engine and exhaust system cooled, cover the generator to prevent the accumulation of dust. Avoid plastic sheets as dust covers, as they can trap moisture around the generator, promoting rust and corrosion. A P3200iE All Weather Cover is part number 2830541.
9. When removing the generator from storage:
- Perform the pre-operation inspection. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for the full inspection procedures.
- Fill the tank with fresh gasoline if fuel was drained during storage preparation.
- Reinstall the battery per the Owner’s Manuals guidelines.
- Follow the recommended start and usage procedures listed in the Owner’s Manual. Always start the engine outdoors in a well-ventilated area. If the engine was fogged during storage preparation, it may smoke briefly at startup as it burns up the excess oil on the cylinders.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement parts, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.