Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris generator. Before using your Polaris P2000i generator, perform the pre-operation inspection as describer in the Owner’s Manual. Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner's Manual and on all product labels.
When performing your pre-operation inspection, do the following:
1. Before beginning, ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Perform a visual inspection of the generator, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair its operation.
3. Remove grass, leaves, and other flammable material or debris, especially near the HOT exhaust system.
4. With a Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two maintenance cover fasteners. Pivot the cover out, and remove the cover.
5. Inspect the engine oil level, and add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick.
6. Inspect the exhaust system for leakage. Tighten or replace the gasket as needed.
7. Open the fuel cap on top of the generator, check the fuel level, and refuel as needed.
8. Inspect the choke lever for smooth operation.
9. Reinstall the maintenance cover, and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
10. Pull the recoil rope out and inspect for any damage or wear.
11. Once your inspection is completed, proceed to starting the generator as described in the Owner’s Manual.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement parts, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.