Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your generator. To assemble your new Polaris P3200iE generator, follow these steps and follow all precautions in your Owner's Manual.
1. Open the box. Avoid using a knife to open the box, as this could damage components.
2. Remove the generator and all loose parts from the box. Compare to the inventory list. Contact your dealer if any loose parts are not included with your generator.
3. On the left rear corner of the generator, remove the bolt on the rear handle with a 12mm socket.
4. Install the fastener into the left hook base, and insert the assembly into the opening. Torque the fastener to 6 ft-lbs (8 Nm).
5. Twist the hook into the base. The hook end should face outward.
6. To assemble the right hook, first remove the cap from the generator's handle with a screwdriver or prying tool.
7. Then use a 10mm socket to remove the hex nut from the fastener.
8. Slip the hook base onto the exposed fastener.
9. Secure the base with the hex nut. Torque to 6 ft-lbs (8 Nm).
10. Twist the hook into the base. Torque to 6 ft-lbs (8 Nm). The hook end should face outward.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. You can find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.