The remote fob requires a CR1632 lithium cell battery. The life expectancy for this battery is two years. To replace a battery, unscrew and remove the back panel of the remote fob. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your generator.
To pair your generator with your remote fobs, follow these steps:
1. Have both fobs on hand when starting the sync process.
2. Remove the battery access panel by removing the two fasteners with a Phillips screwdriver.
3. Turn the power switch to the RUN position.
4. Inside the battery compartment, press the pairing button.
5. Turn the fuel valve switch to the ON position.
6. On each fob, quickly press the ON button. Ensure the green light flashes. Then press the OFF button.
7. Press the pairing button in the battery compartment again.
8. Test both fobs for proper operation. Remote start does not have a run limit. The engine will continue to run until the fuel is depleted.
9. If the fob does not successfully connect, repeat the process. If problems persist, consult the Troubleshooting section of your Owner’s Manual.
10. Once completed, turn the fuel valve switch and power switch to the OFF position.
11. Reinstall the panel and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
Once successfully paired, you can use the remote fob to start your generator up to 150 feet away.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your P3200IE Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.