Required Tools and Supplies
- Shop Rags
- Phillips and Flathead Screwdrivers
- 7mm and 8mm Sockets
- 10mm Wrench
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing or installing accessories on your generator. The high altitude kit for the Polaris P3200iE generator is part number 2884866. To install the high altitude kit on your P3200iE generator, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the generator is on a flat, level surface.
2. Turn the fuel valve switch to the OFF position.
3. Using a Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two maintenance cover fasteners. Remove the cover.
4. Pull the fuel hose out and into a suitable container.
5. Using a flat-head screwdriver, loosen the carburetor drain screw and drain the fuel. Clean any fluid spills.
6. Remove the airbox cover fasteners. Remove the cover and air filter.
7. To remove the air filter box, loosen the hose clamp with a 7mm socket or flat-head screwdriver.
8. Then remove the two air filter box fasteners with an 8mm socket.
9. Using a 10mm wrench, remove the float bowl chamber bolt. Remove the bowl.
10. Then remove the main jet from the carburetor with a flat-head screwdriver.
11. Install the correct main for the altitude at which the generator is operating. Do not over-tighten the jet.
12. Align the float chamber O-ring and reinstall the float chamber. Tighten the bolt until fully seated.
13. Reinstall the air filter box. Tighten the clamp and fasteners until fully seated.
14. Reinstall the air filter and cover. Tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
15. Close the carburetor drain screw.
16. Reposition the fuel hoses in their respective holders.
17. Turn on the fuel supply.
18. Then start the generator and allow the engine to run for several minutes. Always operate the generator outdoors in a well-ventilated area.
19. Turn off the generator and verify there are no fuel leaks.
20. Finally, reinstall the maintenance cover and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.