The DC receptacle on your generator is designed to charge 12V DC batteries. The output voltage is 15 to 30V. The DC receptacle may be used while the AC power is in use.
The DC receptacle is NOT designed to operate DC motors. Serious damage to the stator windings can occur if connected to a DC motor or transformer.
Connecting the Battery Charging Cable
1. Disconnect the ground cable from the black negative battery terminal first.
2. Then disconnect the red positive cable.
3. Plug the battery charging cable into the DC receptacle.
4. Connect the red lead of the battery charging cable to the positive battery terminal.
5. Then connect the black lead to the negative battery terminal. Do not reverse the charging cables, or serious damage to the generator and/or battery may occur.
6. If equipped with a SMART throttle switch, ensure it is OFF.
7. Start the generator. Do NOT start the vehicle while the battery charging cable is connected and the generator is running. The vehicle's charging system or the generator may be damaged.
DC Circuit Overload
The DC receptacle is protected from an overload with a circuit protector. If the DC circuit is overloaded, the protector will trip and power to the DC receptacle will cease. If the circuit protector keeps tripping, stop charging and see your authorized Polaris generator dealer. Keep in mind that the circuit protector does not prevent overcharging of the battery.
Disconnecting the Battery Charging Cable
1. Stop the generator.
2. Disconnect the black lead of the battery charging cable from the negative battery terminal.
3. Then disconnect the red lead from the positive battery terminal.
4. Unplug the battery charging cable from the DC receptacle.
5. Connect the vehicle battery ground cable to the positive battery terminal.
6. Finally, connect the battery ground cable to the negative battery terminal.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual: P5500 and P6500 Owner's Manual, P3200iE Owner's Manual and P2000i Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.