|Required Tools and Supplies|
|8mm and 10mm Sockets||Ratchet|
|Spark Plug Wrench||Suction Device|
|Shop Rags||Nitrile Gloves|
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when performing maintenance on your generator. To properly store your Polaris P2000i generator, follow these steps:
1. Start by selecting a flat storage area free of any excessive humidity, dust or extreme weather. Avoid any areas near a flame-operated appliance or where power tools are operated.
2. If the generator will be stored with fuel, always add a suitable fuel stabilizer. Follow all product labels when adding stabilizer.
3. If the generator will be stored without fuel, drain all fuel.
- Access the fuel tank and remove the gas cap.
- Use a gasoline hand pump to empty the tank into an approved gasoline container. Do not use an electric pump.
- Reinstall the gas cap onto the tank and securely tighten.
4. Fog the engine per the Owner’s Manual guidelines. Follow all product labels when fogging the engine.
5. Change the engine oil per the Owner’s Manual guidelines. Inspect for leaks and dispose of the used oil properly at your local recycling center. For more, read P2000i Oil Change and Spark Arrestor Inspection.
6. Clean the exterior of the generator with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid using water to clean the generator.
7. With the engine and exhaust system cooled, cover the generator to prevent the accumulation of dust. Avoid using plastic sheets, as they can trap moisture around the generator, promoting rust and corrosion.
8. When removing the generator from storage:
- Perform the pre-operation inspection. Refer to your Owner’s Manual or P2000i Pre-Operation Inspection for full inspection procedures.
- If fuel was drained during storage preparation, fill the tank with fresh gasoline.
9. Follow the recommended start and usage procedures listed in your Owner’s Manual. If the engine was fogged during storage preparation, it may smoke briefly at startup as it burns off the excess oil on the cylinders.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement parts, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.