Before use, perform the pre-operation inspection as described in the Owner’s Manual. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris generator. Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner's Manual and on all product labels.
1. Before beginning, ensure the generator is on a flat and level surface in a well-ventilated area.
2. Perform a visual inspection of the generator, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair its operation.
3. Remove grass, leaves and other flammable material or debris, especially near the hot exhaust system.
4. Inspect the exhaust system for leakage. Tighten or replace the gasket as needed.
5. Loosen the two maintenance cover fasteners, pivot the cover out and remove the cover.
6. Inspect the engine oil level and add oil as needed to bring the level to the upper mark on the dipstick. Read P2500iEBT Oil Change and Spark Arrestor Replacement for more information.
7. Check the battery. Make sure it is clipped into the holder and that the battery connector is plugged securely into the electrical harness.
8. Reinstall the maintenance cover, and tighten the fasteners until fully seated.
9. Open the fuel cap on top of the generator, check the fuel level and refuel as needed.
10. Inspect the choke lever for smooth operation.
11. Pull the recoil rope out and inspect for any damage or wear.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.