Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Spark Plug Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Safety Glasses
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris generator. This video will demonstrate the proper long-term storage techniques for the P2500iEBT generator.
1. Select a flat storage area free from any excessive humidity, dust or extreme weather. Note: Avoid any areas near a flame-operated appliance or where power tools are operated.
2. If the generator will be stored with fuel, always add a suitable fuel stabilizer. Note: Follow all product labels when adding stabilizer.
3. If the generator will be stored without fuel, drain all fuel.
- Access the fuel tank and remove the gas cap.
- Use a gasoline hand pump to empty the tank into an approved gasoline container. Do not use an electric pump.
- Reinstall the gas cap onto the tank and securely tighten.
4. Fog the engine per the Owner’s Manual guidelines. Warning: Follow all product labels when fogging the engine.
5. Change the engine oil per the Owner’s Manual guidelines or read P2500iEBT Oil Change and Spark Arrestor Replacement. Inspect for leaks and dispose of the used oil properly.
6. Remove the battery and store it in a cool, dry location. For instructions, read P2500iEBT Battery Removal and Installation.
7. Clean the exterior of the generator with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid using water to clean the generator.
8. Turn the fuel valve switch to the OFF position.
9. With the engine and exhaust system cooled, cover the generator to prevent the accumulation of dust. Avoid using plastic sheets as they can trap moisture around the generator, promoting rust and corrosion.
10. When removing the generator from storage,
- Perform the pre-operation inspection. Refer to your Owner’s Manual or P2500iEBT Pre-Operation Inspection for the full inspection procedures.
- If fuel was drained during storage preparation, fill the tank with fresh gasoline.
- Reinstall the battery per the Owner’s Manual guidelines or read P2500iEBT Battery Removal and Installation.
11. Follow the recommended start and usage procedures listed in the Owner’s Manual or read P2500iEBT Setup, Inspection and Starting. Always start the engine outdoors in a well-ventilated area. If the engine was fogged during storage preparation, it may smoke briefly at startup as it burns off the excess oil on the cylinders.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More operation and maintenance procedures can be found in your Owner's Manual.
For replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.